Friday, July 29, 2011

The Wizard's Magic Potion WIZARDLY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRESSING

This particular potion really does contain magical ingredients, although I have to admit most do not come from the Wizard but from their own special components. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is suppose to have a slew of benefits for you and has been used for centuries and believed to have cured all sorts of aliments. Olive Oil, another ingredient in this dressing is believed to be "heart healthy" and in its natural, uncooked form in this recipe. This is not a favorite of the Monkeys. They tolerate it..will eat it on salads but it is certainly not requested as Ranch Dressing is. However, the adults of the house really enjoy this and it is very versatile. Try it, I think you will really enjoy an all natural, good for you dressing!!!

WIZARDLY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRESSING
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Olive Oil (I use Extra-Virgin)
1 cup Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg Organic)
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Water
Pinch of Pepper
1/2 tsp of salt (I use sea salt)

Once again I turn to my canning jars for my dressings. To make this potion I throw it all in the jar, replace the lid and shake shake shake. That's it. Very simple. Now I know you should probably take the time to emulsify the dressing to reduce separation between oil and vinegar, however this Wizard is usually chasing an almost one year old around the house so where I can take short cuts, I do! It keeps in the fridge beautifully and each time we go to use it, I simply shake.
 This is the Apple Cider Vinegar that I love to use! Bragg has a really neat website and you can checkout their products at www.bragg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment