Friday, August 5, 2011

Shazam...I give you Salsa!



I always wanted to be one of those Wizards who could concoct the perfect salsa. It never happened. Until one day my friend Sandy shared with me her super easy recipe for it. This recipes calls for canned whole tomatoes which makes it beyond easy and before you know it...shazam, you have salsa (chips are not included).


SUPER EASY SALSA


INGREDIENTS: 
1 28oz can of whole tomatoes
1 white onion
1 bunch of cilantro
1 yellow chile
1 serrano chile
1 jalapeno chile
2 gloves of garlic (more or less to your liking)
salt to taste


Take the seeds out of the chiles and prep your onion for the food processor. I throw all the ingredients into my Ninja (which I love by the way). I use my Ninja for smoothies, salsa or just for dicing up ingredients finely. Next add in the can of tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and salt. Puree to your desired level of texture. Start slowly with garlic and salt because it is easy to add more to your liking. This is a super easy salsa - hence the name and super tasty.



1 comment: